ABOS logo

What is the name of your outreach service?

Home Forums General What is the name of your outreach service?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  librarianette 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

rocketrose
    Key Master

What is the name of your outreach and/or bookmobile service?  We are looking to change what we call our service. I would be interested to hear what you use.

rose-yahoo

I call the service Natick’s Bookmobile. For outreach service, I call it homebound services or homebound delivery.

ramona
    Participant

Office of Outreach–in other words, OOO.

nboyd08

The name of our department is Community Engagement…..

mjd1963mds1988
    Participant

I’m sorry–I think that I meant to start a new thread.

Melanie

JOHN GERVASE
    Participant

We are still working on our name, as we are coming closer to rolling out our bookmobile/booktruck.  Thinking of “Big Rig Bookmobile” or  ”The Big Rig Reading Roadshow” or “The Reading Roadshow” or “Reading Rocks” or ?  We have a custom semi truck pulling a large bookmobile trailer, thus the big rig theme.  Thoughts?

dfrazier

John,  I think your BIG RIG theme is cute, catchy, and easy to remember.  Send pics when you finally get it wrapped or painted.  

As for Shreveport/Caddo Parish–our name is simply Shreve Memorial Library Bookmobile/Outreach Services.

JOHN GERVASE
    Participant

We have decided to go with “Big Rig Books”.   I have included a few pictures of our bookmobile.  Our first book distribution will be in southwest Florida on January 17th.  Kathy Mayo has been an invaluable resource in getting our initiative off the ground.

JOHN GERVASE
    Participant

Here is our logo:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attched files.

JOHN GERVASE
    Participant

And a picture of our rig:

I know it’s probably too late for you guys, but we’re naming our service right now and here are some of the ideas we’ve come up with or across:

Library To-Go (or Library To-Geaux since we’re in Louisiana)

Branching Out

Books & More to Your Door (for homebound service, got this from a library in Texas)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.